WINDOWS 10 USERS PLEASE NOTE -- Microsoft removed the ability to import these pictures in Windows 10. However we may find other ways to import pictures in a future release.
TouchMail lets you replace the default origami images for senders you have in your Windows People app. To do this you must first add your social network and other accounts to the People app.
ADDING ACCOUNTS TO THE PEOPLE APP IN WINDOWS 8.1
- On Start, tap or click People:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings. (If you’re using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings.)
- Tap or click Accounts.
- Tap or click Add an account, choose the type of account you want to add, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Importing contact pictures
- After you’ve added accounts to the People app, launch TouchMail, then go to the Settings charm and select Import Contact Pictures:
- Next select the contacts you want to be displayed with a picture on messages from that sender in TouchMail. You can select multiple people:
- Click or tap Import contacts
- Restart TouchMail to show the profile pictures.
Known issue: Note that some contacts are not properly matched in this version if there are slight differences in their display names in different account (e.g. “Alex” and “Alexander”). This will be improved in future releases.
Known issue: After importing contact pictures you must restart the app before they are displayed.